The Best Grassland Trek In Himanchal
Pick-up point: - Manali Within 5Km
Drop-off point: - Manali Within 5Km
||1600||Off-Loading & Porterage per Rucksack(max 10 kgs)|
||24000||Transport from Delhi to Manali and back to Delhi. For 4 to 7 individuals.|
||3500||One Night Stay Before Trek at Solang/Manali. Premium stay. For 2 individuals.|
||3500||One Night Stay after Trek at Solang/Manali. Premium stay. For 2 individuals.|
||95000||Photographs, videos and drone shoot of complete Trek with Editing.|
Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude glacial lake, at 14,100 ft. The lake takes on a different form depending on the season, it goes from frozen solid in the winter to an iridescent blue in the spring, with alpine flora and green grasslands around it.
Lush-green grasslands appear some 10 minutes into the trek. This is a rarity as usually in India, alpine meadows start 11,000 ft of the tree line which takes 5-6 days of hard descent but with Bhrigu Lake it seems like the moment you start actually trekking grasslands appear.
The lake is immensely peaceful and gives you the opportunity to reflect and introspect in a spiritual atmosphere. Due to its altitude, clouds will be floating around you! And with magnificent views of the Seven Sister peaks, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, and the Pir Panjal Ranges it definitely is a trek you mustn't miss.
Through the last leg of the trek, you will have the chance to engage with local villages and their culture as well as apple orchards.
About Bhrigu Lake: A high-altitude lake at 14,000 ft, at the feet of the Garhwal Himalayas in Kullu Region, the lake is said to have been a meditation site for Maharishi Bhrigu after who it was named. It offers beautiful views of a whole range of peaks amongst a whole bunch of treasures.
About the Trek: A trek is of easy to moderate difficulty, you start at an altitude of 8,530 ft at Gulaba and reach the highest point at 14, 000 ft. The trek offers you gorgeous views of the Seven Sister peaks, Deo Tibba, the Pir Panjal ranges, and many others, lined with oak and cedar forests.
You will be picked up from Kashmiri Gate, New Delhi and we will drive to Manali via bus where the trek begins.
It is an approximately 3 day trek and is a perfect opportunity for those interested in trekking to begin their journey.
Trekking to Jonker Thatch(10,400 ft)
Trekking to Rola Kholi(12,566 ft), 3-4 hours, 5 km
Trekking to Bhrigu Lake(14,009 ft) and back to Rola Kholi, 7 hours, 10 km
Gulaba (10,400 ft), 3-4 hours, 5 km. Drive to Delhi.
1. Nutritious Food
2. Tent accommodation on sharing basis during the trek. As per itinerary.
3. Group transport s per itinerary.
5. All meals during the trek. Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food during the trek (occasional eggs), breakfast packed/hot lunch (depending upon the time you reach a campsite), snacks, dinner along with coffee/tea/soup.
6. Qualified Trek Leader.
7. Excellent Mountain Guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has profound knowledge of the trekking trails around.
8. Specialized Cook, Support staff, Porters for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
9. Camping equipment like Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Dining tent, Toilet tent, Gaiters, Micro spikes/Crampon.
10. Permit fee, camping charges, forest levy as required in the trek. These are only covered for Indian Nationals. Charges for foreign Nationals may vary as per government Policy.
11. Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
1. Food during the transit and stay at Vashisht, Manali. There are decent options of restaurants/hotels for veg, non veg and vegan food.
2. We assume that you will carry your personal Rucksack/Backpack with all your personal belongings. If you want to offload your rucksack and carried by our horse then you need to pay additional Rs 1200 for the entire duration of the trek (4 days). one such bag should not weigh more than 10 Kg.
3. Any tip/gratuity to the HT supports staff.
4. Anything that is NOT mentioned in the "Inclusions".
5. No insurance is provided.
6. Personal expense of any nature.
7. Permit fee, camping charges, forest levy as required in the trek for foreign Nationals. This may vary as per government Policy.
The Bhrigu Lake trek is categorised as an easy to moderate trek where you start at an altitude of 8,530 ft. at Gulaba and reach the highest point at 14,009 ft. The ascent is steep so, if required, train well - focus on cardiovascular and strength tra
The Bhrigu Lake Trek starts from Gulaba, 24 km from Manali. One can take a bus or taxi (shared or personal). The travel time is some 1.5 hrs. Manali is well connected to Delhi, where one can hail a bus from Kashmiri Gate ISBT - most private buses lea
The Bhrigu Lake trek itself is approximately 22 km which may be covered over 4-6 days.
Manali is a popular tourist destination with people from all over the world visiting over the year. It is a safe place with a whole bunch of hotels - of all price ranges - available at the turn of every corner.
One will not have access to electricity after setting off from Manali. The network and connectivity comes on and off depending on the weather.
The last ATM available is at Manali.
The trek is a variable from mid-May through to September. It is, however, recommended that one plans to do the trek before June or after August, as the monsoons go on through those months and there are chances of landslides.
It’s a beautiful trek that’d be perfect for solo trekkers.
It’s recommended that you carry: Woollen cap, Jackets, Wind-cheater Socks (4 pairs), Thermal wear (1-2 pairs), Trekking shoes, Snow gloves/normal gloves, Sunglasses, Lunch box, water bottle, spoon, etc., Sun-cream lotion, Personal medication, Rainc