Full of adventures and mystical views that will make your trip nostalgic
The ancient villages of Osla and Gangad take you back in time. The alpine meadows of Devsu Thach in middle of the Ruinsara Forest are a grand surprise of the trek. The Ruinsara Lake is a special glacial lake. The challenging approach to Bali Pass, is a test of self determination, with a breath taking view.
Connecting Yamunotri and Har Ki Dun Valley Bali Pass trek at an altitude of 16240 ft. is a difficult trek meant for seasoned trekkers only. Bali Pass trek starts from Sankri village in Uttarakhand and ends at Janki Chatti. This trek offers splendid panoramic views of Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, and Swargarohini peaks. The alpine meadows of Dev Thach in the middle of the Ruinsara forest is something to look out for. The Ruinsara lake has unmatched beauty and grandeur with a mythological story associated with it. The Bali Pass trek should be in the list of trekkers who wish to experience the nature at its best and push their limits. The best months to do Bali Pass trek are from May to June and from September to October. With challenging terrains, steep ascents and descents, exhilarating pass crossing, and narrow trails, one has to have a very good physical and mental endurance to undertake this trek successfully. Considered as one of the most unexplored trails in the Indian Himalayas, the Bali Pass Trek is for adventurists who wish to pursue offbeat treks.
Dehradun(430 m) to Sankri (1950 m), drive 220 Km 10 hrs
Sankri to Seema (2600 m) via Taluka (2100 m), Trek 12 km 8hrs
Seema to Rain Basera (3100 m), Trek 10 km 7hrs
Rain Basera to Ruinsara Tal (3600 m), Trek 6 km 4hrs
Ruinsara to Odari (4000 m), Trek 4 km 4hrs
Odari to Bali Col Camp(4600 m), Trek 5 km 6hrs
Bali Col Camp to Lower Damini(3400 m) via Bali Pass(4950 m), Trek 14km 11hrs
Lower Dhamni to Janki Chatti (2600 m), Trek 8 Km 5hrs and drive to Dehradun 180 Km 6hrs
● Transportation (Dehradun to Dehradun)
● Food: Day-1 meals on the trek and guest house
● Accommodation: guest house, camping
● Stay at Sankri basis on availability. Trippel Sharing. Twin Sharing Based on availability and extra charge depending upon season / rush.
● Tents, Mattresses, and Sleeping Bags, During Trek.
● Toilet Tents – Dry Pit Style
● Kitchen Tent, Equipment & All Rations
● Trek Leader & Assistant Trek Leader / Local Guide
● Support team
● Porters / Mules (for Equipment)
● Mountaineering Course Qualified Trek Leader
● Local Support Team for Geographical Intelligence
● Crampons / Micro-spikes to the Trekkers (if Require)
● Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
● Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
● If anyone left the trek against the schedule (means not able to complete or any
reason of dropping)
● Any extra demand like personal guide, personal food, personal potter, vehicle
● Anything not specifically mentioned under the Inclusion.
● Insurance, any type of Medical Expense and Rescue Charges.
● Any type of Personal Expense
● No Meals during Transit
● Normally hiking trail expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
● Charges of offloading backpack:-INR 3000/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance.
● INR 3500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
● The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover.
Suitcases/trolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
● There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhis ISBT Kashmere Gate.
● We would suggest you to take only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Private buses ply from outside ISBT and they are not trust worthiness.
● Usually buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station
● Hiking trail vehicles will pick-up you from Dehradun Railway Station at 7:00am.
● Pick-up is included in the cost of the trek
● You will reach sankri at 6:00pm
● Food from dehradun to sankri is not included in the trek cost
● Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
● Nandadevi Express - Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival - 5:40am)
● Dehradun Express - Train no: 12687 (Departure - 9:10pm; Arrival - 5:00am)
Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun
At Mori, which is 20km before Sankri.
Poor Network at Sankri (only BSNL & Jio) and no network on the Trek.