lush green meadows, wildflowers, deodorant trees, Oak, and a wide variety of flora and fauna and gives the trekkers a chance to witness the greatest spectacle of nature
Pick-up point: - Dehradun Railway Station
Drop-off point: - Dehradun Railway Station
||1200||Offloading backpack (per rucksack, 11 kgs)|
||500||Winter Jacket (-5 degrees, during trek)|
||500||Trekking Shoe (during trek)|
||2500||Gopro (during trek)|
||1000||Extra Day Stay at Barkot|
Gulabi Kantha Trek is very famous trek in Yamuna valley in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, Gulabi kantha trek situated at an altitude of 3789 meters above the sea level. It is a lush green bugyal which lies on the way to a freshwater lake trek, also known as Dodital.
The place offers Himalayan mountain range and a beautiful view of sunrise and sunset. Gulabi Kantha is a moderate trek. The Gulabi Kantha covered by wild flowers , lush green meadows , Oak ,deodorant trees, and vast variety of Flora and Fauna and Trekkers get to witness the beauty of this trek.
On the way of this trek you see cattle grazing in the grassland accompanied by shepherds. This trek has a unique charm because of the highland meadows.
Gulabi Kantha provides 360 degree view of the Himalayan mountain range such as Bandarpunch peak, Shivalik mountains range, Bali pass, Sarutal range, fachu kandi pass, and Chaukhamba peaks.
Now, it is in the league of India’s Top Most Winter or summer Trek! This magnificent place attracts people all across the globe. If you are in search of tranquility and beauty then no other place can beat Gulabi kantha.
The base camp of the Gulabi Kantha trek is Hanuman Chatti. It is located at the confluence of Hanuman Ganga and Yamuna River.
Hanuman Chatti situated before 13km before Yamunotri Dham. base Camp Hanuman Chatti is a beautiful and small market. Hanuman Chatti is a starting point of more than 7-8 treks like Bali pass trek, Fachu Kandi pass, etc.
The Hanuman Chatti is an important part of Char- Dham People stay here while they are going for Yamunotri yatra. There are many temples in this region.
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing the Gulabi Kantha Trek in Uttarakhand. See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 344 Km and on foot 28 km which is to be covered into 8 days. Dehradun to via Mussoorie to nainbag and barkot, Hanumanchatti, seema, Gulabi Kantha summit
Gulabi Kantha Trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 3,789 Meters The Starting trail is easy as compared to other treks this is an easy trek.
So this trek is best for family and beginners, school tour, private package You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali culture Yamunotri valley cultures.
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup. The backpack should not exceed 10 kg only.
Dehradun to Barkot (drive 120km) altitude 1250mt
Barkot to Hanuman Chatti (drive 30km ) and trek to Kandola via Nishni village ( trek 5-6 km) altitud
Kandola to Seema thach (trek 4-5 km) Basecamp of Gulabi Kantha altitude 3400mt
Seema thach to Gulabi Kantha summit and return to Seema thach (3900mt summit)
Seema thach to Hanuman Chatti to Barkot to Dehradun (9-10 km trek)
● Transportation (Dehradun to Dehradun)
● Food: Day-1 meals on the trek and guest house
● Accommodation: guest house, camping
● Stay at Sankri basis on availability. Trippel Sharing. Twin Sharing Based on availability and extra charge depending upon season / rush.
● Tents, Mattresses, and Sleeping Bags, During Trek.
● Toilet Tents – Dry Pit Style
● Kitchen Tent, Equipment & All Rations
● Trek Leader & Assistant Trek Leader / Local Guide
● Support team
● Porters / Mules (for Equipment)
● Mountaineering Course Qualified Trek Leader
● Local Support Team for Geographical Intelligence
● Crampons / Micro-spikes to the Trekkers (if Require)
● Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
● Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
● If anyone left the trek against the schedule (means not able to complete or any
reason of dropping)
● Any extra demand like personal guide, personal food, personal potter, vehicle
● Anything not specifically mentioned under the Inclusion.
● Insurance, any type of Medical Expense and Rescue Charges.
● Any type of Personal Expense
● No Meals during Transit
● Normally hiking trail expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
● Charges of offloading backpack:-INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance.
● INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
● The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover.
Suitcases/trolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
● There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi's ISBT Kashmere Gate.
● We would suggest you to take only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Private buses ply from outside ISBT and they are not trust worthiness.
● Usually buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station
● Hiking trail vehicles will pick-up you from Dehradun Railway Station at 7:00am.
● Pick-up is included in the cost of the trek
● You will reach sankri at 6:00pm
● Food from Dehradun to sankri is not included in the trek cost
● Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
● Nandadevi Express - Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival - 5:40am)
● Dehradun Express - Train no: 12687 (Departure - 9:10pm; Arrival - 5:00am)
Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun
According to experienced trekkers, gulabikantha trek difficulty level falls between easy to moderate. Anyone over the age of five and under the age of sixty-five can go on this trek.
November to March
15km one way
The Gulabi Kantha trek is an easy to moderate trek, which means it is suitable for beginners. It is a round trail & stands at the height 3900mt. The trail has a blend of few ascends & descends that first-timers can enjoy.
Location of Gulabikantha. In the ethereal beauty of Garhwal Himalayas, lies the Gulabi Kantha Peak located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
The starting point of Gulabi Kantha trek is hanuman chatti which is near to yamnotri dham.
yes after 2km trek there is Nishni village. Which is full of natural perfection.
At Mori, which is 20km before Sankri.
Poor Network at Sankri (only BSNL & Jio) and no network on the Trek.